BENTON COUNTY, Wash. (WNCN/KEPR) — A Washington State teen will be jailed for the next four years in a juvenile prison facility after pleading guilty to raping a five-year-old girl, according to CBS affiliate KEPR.
The 17-year-old’s name was not made available due to him pleading guilty as a minor to first-degree rape of a child. He was originally charged as an adult in the case.
According to KEPR, after serving his four years, the teen must register as a sex offender.
Prosecutors told KEPR they felt good about the case they had against the teen; however, they decided to accept a plea deal to protect the five-year-old victim.
The incident, which occurred in May of 2019 started when the alleged victim’s mother walked into her home to find the then 16-year-old boy assaulting the child.
Initially, prosecutors charged the teen as an adult with first-degree rape of a child and first-degree child molestation, according to KEPR.
- Mother of missing 15-month-old claims she is pregnant, unable to take polygraph test
- NC State vs. UNC: Roy Williams looking to become 3rd coach with 200 ACC wins
- It’s sweet and savory, but would you eat it? KFC’s Chicken & Donut Sandwich
- Photo of dog joining Ohio boy during timeout goes viral
- Man accused of raping, abusing infant sentenced to 4 years in prison
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now