TEXAS (CNN) – A mother in Texas is sharing a heart-wrenching photo of her 4-year-old son with Leukemia.
Beckett was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia over a year ago.
His mom Kaitlin Burge posted photos of Beckett, struggling with his condition.
She included the caption, “This is childhood cancer. Take it or leave it.”
Burge also wrote about Beckett’s 5-year-old sister Aubrey, seen in the photo rubbing her brother’s back, who often gets left behind because of Beckett’s needs.
Beckett should complete treatment in August 2021
Medical expenses have grown increasingly costly, so a friend made a ‘GoFundMe’ campaign for Beckett.
To follow Beckett’s journey on Facebook, click here.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Rocky Mount woman wins $342,754 from Carolina Cash 5 jackpot
- ‘Like he was in a car wreck’: Medical expert describes injuries of 4-year-old beaten to death
- NC man found unresponsive in vehicle with ‘white substance,’ 2 kids in car
- Closings, delays | February 21
- Pregnant Virginia woman shot in the face, killed; man charged with murder
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now