TAMPA (WFLA) — TIME magazine narrowed down its 10-person shortlist Tuesday to five candidates for the person who has most influenced the world in 2019.
Last year, TIME editors selected “The Guardians and the War on Truth” as its person of the year in 2018. The “guardians,” includes slain Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi, the Capital Gazette in Annapolis, Maryland, where five people were shot and killed at the newspaper’s offices in June; Philippine journalist Maria Ressa, who has been arrested; and Reuters journalists Wa Lone and Kyaw Soe Oo, who have been detained in Myanmar for nearly a year.
This year, TIME has narrowed down the list to include President Donald Trump, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, the anonymous Whistleblower, climate teen activist Greta Thunberg, and the Hong Kong protesters.
- Save Time & Money on a Home Refresh for 2020
- Friday, January 17th : Refresh Your Home in 2020
- Georgia man identified as worker killed in Wake County trench collapse
- Sex offender arrested for attending Wake County high school basketball game
- VIDEO: Police officer caught sleeping at the wheel in turning lane
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now