GERMANTOWN, Md. (WHTM) – A tractor-trailer was carrying 40,000 pounds of Hershey’s Chocolate Bars, Kit Kats and other goods when it crashed on a Maryland interstate early Friday, injuring the driver, officials said.
The truck clipped a police car then jackknifed and overturned on southbound Interstate 270 in Germantown around 1 a.m., a spokesman for Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service said.
The driver was taken to a hospital for treatment of non-life threatening injuries.
The police officer was not injured.
- Man faces murder charge in fentanyl overdose in NC mountains
- Exclusive country club, with $95,000 initiation fee, considers giving NC mayor free membership
- Planned major announcement about NC Megasite could mean Toyota deal is done
- District attorney investigating possible assault between NC school resource officer, 2 girls
- Firefighter taken to hospital after injury while battling house fire in North Myrtle Beach