(WTNH) — A Quinnipiac University national poll released Monday reveals that President Trump’s current job approval rating now matches his best job approval rating as of yet. This while voters are increasingly opposed to his impeachment.
According to Quinnipiac University, within days of a historic impeachment vote in the House of Representatives, 43% of registered voters say they approve of the job Trump is doing, while 52% disapprove.
In an Oct. 23 poll released prior to the impeachment hearings, 38% approved of the job Trump is doing, while 58% disapproved.
Since the public impeachment hearings began, opposition to impeachment has increased.
Monday, 45% of voters said President Trump should be impeached and removed from office, while 51% think he should not.
In the poll, 48% of voters thought the president should be impeached and removed, while 46% thought he should not.
As for the Democratic Candidates for President, former Vice President Joe Biden still tops the field at 30% of voters, Senator Elizabeth Warren is in second with 17%, Senator Bernie Sanders in close third with 16%, and Mayor Pete Buttigieg and Michael Bloomberg rounding out the top five with 9% and 7% respectfully.
For the full details on the latest Quinnipiac poll on the university’s website.
- Mom warns of dangers of open-air carbon monoxide poisoning after son dies after a day on the lake
- 100+ firefighters extinguish large fire at former school in Wendell
- Durham man busted with ‘Gray Death’ drugs after 120 mph chase on I-95, Nash County sheriff says
- 1 dead in 2-vehicle crash in Durham, police say
- Mom fights off masked attacker who grabbed her, toddler outside California home
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now