MADEIRA BEACH, Fla. (WFLA) — Supporters of President Donald Trump will attempt to break the record for largest boat parade Saturday in Pinellas County.
More than 1,181 Trump supporters are expected Saturday morning, the organizing website states. That would break the Guinness World Record for largest boat parade, which was 1,180 in Malaysia on Sept. 13, 2014.
While Guinness still cites the 2014 gathering in Malaysia in its record book, an organizer of a ‘Trumptilla’ in South Carolina in July said over 3,000 vessels participated in their parade.
Saturday’s attempt at the record will form in the Gulf just north of Pier 60 on Clearwater Beach at 10 a.m. The official boat count will take place at the Welch Causeway Bridge in Madiera Beach.
- Fayetteville police looking for man who attempted to lure child into van
- Retail showdown: Target Deal Days to be held same time as Amazon’s Prime Day sales
- Woman will have multiple plastic surgeries to look like Kamala Harris, Texas surgeon says
- Second stimulus checks: Here’s where we stand as September ends
- Louisiana man accused of hiding in Florida teen’s bedroom since August
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now