(CBS/FARS News) — In a unanimous vote, the Iranian parliament has passed a bill that will designate the Pentagon and U.S. military as “terrorist organizations” on Tuesday.
This decision comes days after U.S. armed forces carried out a drone strike near the Baghdad International Airport, killing General Qassem Soleimani. You can read more about that attack here.
The bill also calls for the Iranian government to provide $220 million to Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC). The funds will be used to “reinforce its defense power in vengeance for General Soleimani’s assassination,” according to Iranian state media.
The U.S. declared the IRGC as a foreign terrorist organization back in Apr. 2018.
- In being opening game for 3 straight opponents, Blue Devils will set odd record at Virginia
- Large NC outdoor venues to reopen, financial relief coming for small businesses
- Some Halloween activities could increase COVID-19 risk, CDC warns
- Child involved in Durham shooting, police say
- Durham school building closing after ‘probable’ COVID-19 case involving worker
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now