An unrestrained 3-year-old was killed Sunday afternoon in a hit-and-run crash in Polk County, Florida, WESH reported.
Troopers say an unknown car was driving eastbound on Interstate 4 around 2 p.m. Sunday.
A second car had six occupants aged 3, 7, 14, 17, 21 and 27. That car was also driving eastbound.
The unknown car changed lanes and collided with the back of the second car. The collision caused 21-year-old Yahkirioth Swain to lose control and rotate to the center median, according to troopers.
The 3-year-old, who was not restrained, was killed. All of the other passengers in the second car were taken to a local hospital for minor injuries.
Troopers said charges in the connection with the crash are pending.
- Wake County offices in Raleigh to close as security precaution
- IRS delays start of tax season to Feb. 12
- VIDEO: NC woman makes hot cocoa bombs to benefit local charity
- Wake County starting COVID-19 vaccine waitlist for 65+ individuals, healthcare workers
- NC mother turns to public to help find people who shot at family