LOS ANGELES (AP) – Vanessa Bryant, the widow of basketball star Kobe Bryant, has filed a lawsuit against the Los Angeles County sheriff claiming deputies shared unauthorized photos of the crash that killed her husband, their 13-year-old daughter and seven others.
After the Jan. 26 crash, reports surfaced that graphic photos of the victims were being shared.
Sheriff Alex Villanueva told news media that eight deputies took or shared graphic photos of the scene and he ordered the images deleted.
The sheriff’s department did not immediately have a comment Tuesday.
The suit seeks damages for negligence, invasion of privacy and intentional infliction of emotional distress.
- 3 Wake County high schools confirm COVID-19 case associated with athletics
- Man buys car for stranger after learning of ‘distraught’ single mother’s plight
- Idaho men charged with conspiring to sell hard-to-trace guns in North Carolina
- Lara Trump and ‘Diamond and Silk’ to appear in Johnston County Wednesday
- Police investigate after witness reports woman assaulted, abducted in Fayetteville
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now