TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — The wireless company Verizon is hiring nearly 1,000 employees in work-from-home positions.
At the start of the coronavirus pandemic, Verizon transitioned over 90% of its employees to work from home. Now, the wireless company is hiring 950 additional customer service employees who will work from home permanently.
The full-time customer service positions Verizon is hiring require a high school diploma or GED. The company website lists locations across the country.
- One or more years of customer service and/or sales experience.
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Willingness to work split shifts as necessary.
Many of the individual listings require residence in a particular state.
Anyone interested can learn more about the job description and other requirements on Verizon’s website.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Texas early voting exceeds total of all 2016 ballots
- McRib is back: McDonald’s fan-favorite to be available nationwide for first time since 2012
- Daughter watches massive tree crush family’s home during Tropical Storm Zeta in NC
- Suspect in critical condition after NC officer-involved shooting
- California county confirms first flu and COVID-19 co-infection
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now