TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — The wireless company Verizon is hiring nearly 1,000 employees in work-from-home positions.
At the start of the coronavirus pandemic, Verizon transitioned over 90% of its employees to work from home. Now, the wireless company is hiring 950 additional customer service employees who will work from home permanently.
The full-time customer service positions Verizon is hiring require a high school diploma or GED. The company website lists locations across the country.
- One or more years of customer service and/or sales experience.
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Willingness to work split shifts as necessary.
Many of the individual listings require residence in a particular state.
Anyone interested can learn more about the job description and other requirements on Verizon’s website.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Knightdale, Durham Walmart stores evacuated due to bomb threats
- Working remotely? It’s time to rethink what is ‘home’ and what is ‘travel’
- Car crashes through fence, overturns at High Point business
- Tranquilo Bar and Restaurant in Greensboro has ABC permits suspended after 4 people left with minor stab wounds
- Suspect identified in thefts at UNCG campus