NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y. (WIVB/WNCN) — Crews went into the cold waters of Niagara Falls to rescue a person.
While details are scant, the rescue was between Goat Island and Prospect Point above the falls.
The current water temperature near the rescue is 53 degrees. A person will begin to lose consciousness after being in waters of that temperature after one hour.
Onlookers who called 911 were on a tour of the area.
This story will be updated.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Bus drivers quitting after school district returns to virtual learning: ‘It’s out of my control’
- Group gathers to support Wendell store owner cited over COVID-19 face mask rules
- Woman crashes car into ex-boyfriend’s home, tries to run over his new girlfriend, police say
- NC police investigating after person found dead near Walmart
- Tractor-trailer hauling 200 pigs crashes, catches fire on I-95 in Virginia