NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y. (WIVB/WNCN) — Crews went into the cold waters of Niagara Falls to rescue a person.
While details are scant, the rescue was between Goat Island and Prospect Point above the falls.
The current water temperature near the rescue is 53 degrees. A person will begin to lose consciousness after being in waters of that temperature after one hour.
Onlookers who called 911 were on a tour of the area.
This story will be updated.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Chemical that triggered evacuation in Clayton meant to be used in ventilated area
- Student charged after using stapler as a weapon, school put on lockdown
- Go live from the red carpet before the 53rd Annual CMA Awards
- Frankie Ballard ‘excited, nervous’ to co-host CMA Awards red carpet special
- 9-car crash closes US 70 for 90 minutes in Selma