RENO, NV (KLAS) — Reno police have released body camera footage of when an officer unintentionally shot a driver after the officer was accidentally hit with a Taser.
The video showing the incident is below.
CAUTION: The video contains graphic images and language:
The Reno Gazette-Journal reports authorities put out the video from the July 26 incident, which led to the driver getting wounded.
The ordeal began when a Washoe County sheriff’s deputy pulled a driver over for reckless driving and called for assistance.
The footage shows a deputy fire his Taser when the driver disobeys commands. The dart misses and hits an officer in the knee. The officer then fires his weapon, hitting the driver in the arm.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Federal judge questions North Carolina absentee ballot rule change
- Vehicle goes off Virginia bridge, lands upside down 40 feet below after crash
- Chrissy Teigen’s heartbreaking announcement brings awareness to taboo topic of losing a baby
- CBS 17 Job Alert – Barnes & Noble and rue21 are hiring
- Former President Jimmy Carter celebrates 96th birthday
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now