PENNSYLVANIA (WLNS) — Take a look at a one-armed tee-shot that’s turning heads.
Kendall Keem, 16, lost the use of her left hand in 2014 after suffering a stroke caused by a rare medical condition known as Arteriovenus Malformatio.
She recently had her first golf lesson since the stroke, and her first swing went viral.
Keem’s first attempt sent the ball flying down the driving range.
The video also caught the attention of golf legend Nick Faldo.
“Kendall, very inspiring work you’re doing, girl, and very impressive,” Faldo said.
Kendall’s mom says she’s overwhelmed by the response.
She says her daughter is happy the video is bringing attention to those with her condition.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Raleigh man charged in shooting along Falls of Neuse Road
- Raleigh man detained at his home last year says he plans to sue police
- Pope Field airman awarded Silver Star for actions in ‘harrowing’ Afghanistan fire fight
- 14 aftershocks hit NC county after large weekend earthquake
- 2 kids and girlfriend find man shot dead in backyard in Nash County, deputies say