ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. (WJHL)- News Channel 11 has obtained surveillance video from the Elizabethton Municipal Airport that shows the first moments Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s plane touched the ground before it crashed in August.
The surveillance video only lasts for a few moments. You can see the attempted landing on the runway before the plane goes out of frame.
At the end of the video, you can also see an airport employee with a yellow vest run outside right after the plane passes.
The plane carrying Dale Jr. and his family, traveling from Statesville, North Carolina, bounced at least twice before “coming down hard” on the right-wing landing gear, according to National Transportation Safety Board investigators.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Trump tweets ‘when the looting starts, the shooting starts’. Twitter adds ‘glorifying violence’ warning
- Teens in Florida county must take driving test remotely
- Minneapolis police station torched, other buildings burn amid George Floyd protest
- Hail the size of baseballs pummels Texas city
- Former TV weatherman sentenced to at least 4 years in child porn case
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now