DALLAS (NEXSTAR) — Walmart announced Saturday its retail stores and Neighborhood Markets will be open from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. until further notice.
Stores currently operating under more reduced hours will keep their current hours of operation, according to a news release from the company.
“As we make this change, associates will continue to work the hours and shifts they are scheduled, and our supply chain and trucking fleet will continue to move products and deliver to stores on their regular schedules,” Walmart officials said in a news release.
The temporary operating hours begin Sunday, March 15.
Earlier in the day, retailers like HEB and Kroger announced a reduction in hours to allow time for cleaning and restocking.
“I don’t think any of us have been through an experience like this,” Walmart CEO Dacona Smith said in a news release.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- WATCH: Angry masked shoppers shout unmasked people out of grocery store
- Head of NC’s Division of Employment Security replaced effective immediately
- Trump threatens to regulate or close social media after Twitter fact-checks him
- Raleigh Harris Teeter manager sentenced to prison for running ‘gun pipeline’ to DC
- Tropical Storm Bertha makes landfall on SC coast, expected to reach inland NC tonight
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now