WHEELING, W.Va. (WTRF) – In the wake of the El Paso and Dayton shootings, Walmart says it’s not going to stop selling guns. CBS News reports a spokesperson says there will be no change in any company policy, noting that no retailer is immune to violence.
Walmart says employees take computer-based active-shooter training when they first join the company, and they repeat that training process quarterly.
The retailer stopped selling handguns in 1993 and assault-style weapons in 2015.
- NC man awarded $6M after wrongful conviction release has died
- Key NC highway reopens after tanker overturns, closing road for hours
- Search continues for 2 firefighters who vanished during fishing trip
- $2.3 million worth of marijuana found mixed with load of jalapeño peppers
- 7 shot as teens hold impromptu ‘Snapchat party’ at Texas home
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now