WHEELING, W.Va. (WTRF) – In the wake of the El Paso and Dayton shootings, Walmart says it’s not going to stop selling guns. CBS News reports a spokesperson says there will be no change in any company policy, noting that no retailer is immune to violence.
Walmart says employees take computer-based active-shooter training when they first join the company, and they repeat that training process quarterly.
The retailer stopped selling handguns in 1993 and assault-style weapons in 2015.
- Republicans confident for higher voter turnout on Election Day
- Trump meets with rap star Lil Wayne in Florida
- Playing through! Nearly 10-foot-long alligator strolls across Florida golf course
- Hackers targeting hospitals amid COVID-19 case surge, FBI warns
- Falcons prevail in back-and-forth divisional battle versus Panthers
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now