ATLANTA, Ga. (AP) — A special education teacher in the Atlanta area has been arrested and accused of making a 5-year-old student sit in his own waste to teach him a lesson.
News outlets report 56-year-old Kelly Lewis was charged Wednesday with one count of cruelty to children stemming from an incident Nov. 21 at an elementary school in Cobb County.
A county arrest warrant says the teacher knew the student defecated on himself but made him sit in his soiled clothes for about two hours, stating she was “going to prove a point” about restroom habits.
The warrant says the child suffered mental pain from Lewis’ actions. Lewis was placed on administrative leave.
- Virginia snaps 3-game skid with 63-58 win over Georgia Tech
- Hundreds attend March for Life event in downtown Raleigh
- Man seriously wounded in Raleigh shooting, but is not cooperative with officers, police say
- Police officer fired after allegedly having sex with a suspect
- No. 9 Florida State rallies past Miami in OT, 83-79
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now