ATLANTA, Ga. (AP) — A special education teacher in the Atlanta area has been arrested and accused of making a 5-year-old student sit in his own waste to teach him a lesson.
News outlets report 56-year-old Kelly Lewis was charged Wednesday with one count of cruelty to children stemming from an incident Nov. 21 at an elementary school in Cobb County.
A county arrest warrant says the teacher knew the student defecated on himself but made him sit in his soiled clothes for about two hours, stating she was “going to prove a point” about restroom habits.
The warrant says the child suffered mental pain from Lewis’ actions. Lewis was placed on administrative leave.
- Texas band director accused of having child porn, recording students
- Streaming on the big screen: Chapel Hill movie theater to open for private group bookings
- Wake County middle school sports suspended for 1st semester
- Gov. Cooper announces grant program to assist businesses, nonprofits impacted by COVID-19
- Police: 9-year-old NC boy in critical condition after shooting
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now