ATLANTA, Ga. (AP) — A special education teacher in the Atlanta area has been arrested and accused of making a 5-year-old student sit in his own waste to teach him a lesson.
News outlets report 56-year-old Kelly Lewis was charged Wednesday with one count of cruelty to children stemming from an incident Nov. 21 at an elementary school in Cobb County.
A county arrest warrant says the teacher knew the student defecated on himself but made him sit in his soiled clothes for about two hours, stating she was “going to prove a point” about restroom habits.
The warrant says the child suffered mental pain from Lewis’ actions. Lewis was placed on administrative leave.
- COVID-19 cases surge 30% nationwide, 15% in North Carolina
- Third-degree murder charge against Derek Chauvin dismissed in George Floyd death
- Officials: Lewd tweets from Fort Bragg account to adult model were from an admin, not a hacker
- No immediate plan to stop daily COVID-19 data reports, spokesman for Florida governor says
- ‘Vote for Trump or else’: Oklahoma student describes ‘horrifying’ fake Proud Boys email she received
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now