WASHINGTON (WNCN) — Shortly after President Trump’s State of the Union address on Tuesday night, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi tore up the president’s speech in a video that has since gone viral.
Now, after the President was acquitted on both charges against him in the impeachment trial, Senator Mitch McConnell threw a barb at Speaker Pelosi, saying that maybe she will tear up the verdict as she copies of the president’s speech.
“The House Speaker says she will just refuse to accept this acquittal. Speaker of the House says she will refuse to accept this acquittal. Whatever that means. Perhaps she will tear up the verdict the way she tore up the State of the Union address.”
Watch what McConnell had to say in the video player above.
- No. 13 Virginia rallies past Georgia Tech, 64-62
- Wake Forest comes back to edge Pittsburgh 76-75
- Authorities recover body of woman swept away 10 days earlier in Oregon landslide
- Duke faculty remember Hank Aaron’s impact on campus youth summer program
- NC-based Marine honored for saving mom and child after car wreck