ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WROC) — In New York, Strong Memorial Hospital officials say a man who was feeling sick attempted to obscure his symptoms so he could join his expectant wife in the hospital’s maternity ward.
Strong officials say the man admitted he was sick after his wife displayed COVID-19 symptoms after giving birth this past week.
After the incident, University of Rochester Medicine and Rochester Regional Health officials announced that beginning Tuesday, universal masking procedures will take effect. The move is the latest of several actions local health systems have taken to help flatten the curve of COVID-19.
The universal masking is a preventative strategy to keep health care workers safe and slow down the COVID-19 cases in the area.
URMC officials will hold a virtual press conference at 11 a.m. Tuesday to discuss the universal mask initiative.
- Lawmakers introduce bills to ban transgender girls from high school teams, but can’t cite local examples
- NCDHHS: Most long-term care facilities can resume indoor visitation due to drop in COVID-19 cases
- CBS 17 Job Alert – Moore Research and Chubby’s Tacos
- ‘I-5 Strangler’ found strangled to death in California prison cell
- Charlotte police ask for help identifying brazen jewelry store thieves