ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WROC) — In New York, Strong Memorial Hospital officials say a man who was feeling sick attempted to obscure his symptoms so he could join his expectant wife in the hospital’s maternity ward.
Strong officials say the man admitted he was sick after his wife displayed COVID-19 symptoms after giving birth this past week.
After the incident, University of Rochester Medicine and Rochester Regional Health officials announced that beginning Tuesday, universal masking procedures will take effect. The move is the latest of several actions local health systems have taken to help flatten the curve of COVID-19.
The universal masking is a preventative strategy to keep health care workers safe and slow down the COVID-19 cases in the area.
URMC officials will hold a virtual press conference at 11 a.m. Tuesday to discuss the universal mask initiative.
- Hoke County man arrested in Mississippi on 332 charges mostly related to child sex crimes, sheriff says
- NCDHHS reports lowest percent positive rate for COVID-19 tests in more than 4 months
- Nonprofit shows support for law enforcement with billboard on US 64 in Raleigh
- Stretches of NC 12 closed along Outer Banks
- TRACKING THE TROPICS: Beta crawling toward Texas, Louisiana coast
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now