ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WROC) — In New York, Strong Memorial Hospital officials say a man who was feeling sick attempted to obscure his symptoms so he could join his expectant wife in the hospital’s maternity ward.
Strong officials say the man admitted he was sick after his wife displayed COVID-19 symptoms after giving birth this past week.
After the incident, University of Rochester Medicine and Rochester Regional Health officials announced that beginning Tuesday, universal masking procedures will take effect. The move is the latest of several actions local health systems have taken to help flatten the curve of COVID-19.
The universal masking is a preventative strategy to keep health care workers safe and slow down the COVID-19 cases in the area.
URMC officials will hold a virtual press conference at 11 a.m. Tuesday to discuss the universal mask initiative.
- ‘Carts and hearts were full’: Wake County holds annual ‘Shop with the Sheriff’ event at Wake Forest Walmart
- Kiss says farewell to live touring, set to be first US band to go virtual with digital avatars
- Here’s why Michigan orchards are leaving apples on trees
- DeSantis seeks to regain lost ground in high-stakes Alabama debate
- Trump defense points to bankers as proof business dealings had ‘no victim’