ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WROC) — In New York, Strong Memorial Hospital officials say a man who was feeling sick attempted to obscure his symptoms so he could join his expectant wife in the hospital’s maternity ward.
Strong officials say the man admitted he was sick after his wife displayed COVID-19 symptoms after giving birth this past week.
After the incident, University of Rochester Medicine and Rochester Regional Health officials announced that beginning Tuesday, universal masking procedures will take effect. The move is the latest of several actions local health systems have taken to help flatten the curve of COVID-19.
The universal masking is a preventative strategy to keep health care workers safe and slow down the COVID-19 cases in the area.
URMC officials will hold a virtual press conference at 11 a.m. Tuesday to discuss the universal mask initiative.
- VIDEO: Russian planes fly close to US jet for more than 1 hour over Mediterranean Sea
- Man with torch disrupted outdoor church service in NC mountains, deputies say
- Victim remains in coma 3 months after career day plane crash in Cumberland County
- NC woman wanted on murder charge following man’s fentanyl death
- Storm reveals mystery shipwreck at Utah’s Great Salt Lake
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now