MILWAUKEE (WISN/CNN) – A mother shot to death in a road-rage incident Friday night in front of her 17-year-old son.
Tracy Smith, 46, a sergeant with the state Department of Corrections, was teaching her son to drive when another driver hit them.
When she got out to talk to the other driver, he pulled out a gun and shot her, her father said.
Her son tried to help his mom, driving her to the hospital, but she died.
The shooter drove off, but police later made an arrest. Milwaukee Police said they have a 35-year-old man in custody, and they’re working on formal charges.
“I don’t know what to say. But I know one thing, the way my daughter lost her life, it wasn’t right. It ain’t right,” Ollie Luckett said.
Smith’s father blamed her death on reckless driving and road rage.
- Hundreds of protesters face off in Pittsboro over pro-Confederate monument, heritage gathering
- ‘Most ridiculous thing ever’: Officials split building in two to solve property dispute
- Buying a beer in Virginia? You may be unknowingly donating to a campaign
- Senate bill would raise minimum age to buy tobacco — including e-cigarettes — to 21
- Bill would require US companies to disclose job locations
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now