EUCLID, OH (WNCN) – A 24-year-old Ohio woman faces a felony animal cruelty charge after she threw a cat off a 17th story balcony, cleveland.com reports.
Melissa Thornton was arguing with her roommate when things escalated, police said.
Thorton is accused of throwing a bicycle off the 17th floor to a parking lot below at an apartment complex off of Lake Shore Boulevard.
She then picked up a cat and threw it off the balcony police, said.
The cat was found critically injured when found on the parking lot below, police said. The cat had to be euthanized.
Thornton received a $5,000 bond on a felony cruelty to animals charge.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- “It’s doing something good”: 2 women brighten lives of seniors with memory loss
- Four Loko teases new seltzer with nearly triple the alcohol content of its competitors
- Man finds 50-year-old message in a bottle from Russian Navy on Alaskan shore
- Expert: These car seats sold online are ‘not safe at all’
- Early Epstein accuser: Police could have stopped him in 1997