EUCLID, OH (WNCN) – A 24-year-old Ohio woman faces a felony animal cruelty charge after she threw a cat off a 17th story balcony, cleveland.com reports.
Melissa Thornton was arguing with her roommate when things escalated, police said.
Thorton is accused of throwing a bicycle off the 17th floor to a parking lot below at an apartment complex off of Lake Shore Boulevard.
She then picked up a cat and threw it off the balcony police, said.
The cat was found critically injured when found on the parking lot below, police said. The cat had to be euthanized.
Thornton received a $5,000 bond on a felony cruelty to animals charge.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- INCREDIBLE VIDEO: Trooper pulls man from crashed car just seconds before train hits
- Lingerie store that doubled as secret strip club is closed down
- Boxer Patrick Day dies after suffering traumatic brain injury during fight
- “Nobody Died at Sandy Hook” author must pay victim’s dad $450,000, jury says
- 10-year-old girl commits suicide, police investigate rumors of bullying