EUCLID, OH (WNCN) – A 24-year-old Ohio woman faces a felony animal cruelty charge after she threw a cat off a 17th story balcony, cleveland.com reports.
Melissa Thornton was arguing with her roommate when things escalated, police said.
Thorton is accused of throwing a bicycle off the 17th floor to a parking lot below at an apartment complex off of Lake Shore Boulevard.
She then picked up a cat and threw it off the balcony police, said.
The cat was found critically injured when found on the parking lot below, police said. The cat had to be euthanized.
Thornton received a $5,000 bond on a felony cruelty to animals charge.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- VIDEO: Man detained after waving chainsaw at Texas protesters
- All Buffalo police special response team members quit team in support of suspended officers
- Walmart pledges $100 million to advance racial equity
- Missing 3-year-old Florida boy with autism found mile from home with family’s two dogs at his side
- Michael Jordan, Jordan Brand pledge $100 million in fight for racial equality