DALLAS (NEXSTAR) — This week’s Amazon career fair featuring more than 30,000 work-from-home opportunities with an average salary of $150,000 captured the attention of thousands of job seekers across the U.S. If there’s anything the coronavirus pandemic taught us, it’s that there’s a great valuable in finding a job with flexibility. And for that reason, many people are in search of careers where they can work from home.
FlexJobs reports more remote opportunites are available than ever with virtual employment opportunities soaring nearly 160% since 2005. During the height of the coronavirus pandemic, roughly 50% of employed Americans were working from home.
The folks at MarketWatch and FlexJobs put together a list of the top work-from-home job positions available.
Here are a few of their picks including salary information from PayScale:
- Accountant, Average salary: $51,208
- Engineer, Average salary: $85,670
- Teacher/faculty member/tutor, Average salary: $45,938
- Writer, Average salary: $49,804
- Consultant, Average salary: $87,476
- Program manager, Average salary: $52,044
- Project manager, Average salary: $74,230
- Customer service representative, Average salary: $38,807
- Business development manager, Average salary: $73,000
- Account manager/account executive, Average salary: $54,371
If you’re interested in learning about more popular work-from-home positions, you can check out 10 additional opportunities from MarketWatch.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 7-year-old Jeopardy! superfan gets sweet message from Alex Trebek after dressing up as ‘mini-Trebek’ for Halloween
- At least 1 dead as Hurricane Zeta hammers Gulf Coast
- U.S. Marshals searching for ‘armed and dangerous’ man in NC
- President Trump targeting rural voters in recent NC campaign stops
- ALERT DAY: Zeta remnants bring severe weather, wind to NC Thursday
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now