(WIVB) – Sixty percent of businesses that closed down because of the COVID-19 pandemic are now permanently closed, according to Yelp.
Yelp found that more than 160,000 businesses were forced to shut since the virus took hold.
Nearly 100,00 of those businesses are closed for good.
The hardest-hit states are also some of those most affected by COVID-19, including California, Texas, Florida, and New York.
- 7-year-old Jeopardy! superfan gets sweet message from Alex Trebek after dressing up as ‘mini-Trebek’ for Halloween
- At least 1 dead as Hurricane Zeta hammers Gulf Coast
- U.S. Marshals searching for ‘armed and dangerous’ man in NC
- President Trump targeting rural voters in recent NC campaign stops
- ALERT DAY: Zeta remnants bring severe weather, wind to NC Thursday
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now