VALENCIA, California (WFLA/CNN Newsource) – A couple in California was driving down the highway near Santa Clarita on Saturday when they noticed a guy in a Tesla in the next lane overlooked like he was sleeping.
Apparently, he was going about 70 to 75 miles an hour, but the car stayed in its lane the whole time.
It may have been on autopilot, but Tesla says autopilot isn’t an invitation to take a snooze.
Tesla writes on its website: “Autopilot is intended for use with a fully attentive driver, who has their hands on the wheel and is prepared to take over at any time.”
The family who recorded this video didn’t end up calling the police because they say the driver eventually woke up.
- Triton blasts winless West Johnston, 46-19
- Missing Wayne County inmate captured in Rocky Mount almost a week after escape
- Cardinal Gibbons makes statement in blanking undefeated Cleveland, 36-0
- VOTE: The Blitz Play of the Week nominees | Week 5
- NC college student from Raleigh fights for her life after being hit by car
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now