WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (WFMY) — A California murder suspect who’s been on the run for six years was arrested Saturday at a bar in Winston-Salem, according to NC ALE agents.
Investigators arrested Boren Lay, 25, of Los Angeles at El Borracho. Investigators said he had more than 11 pounds of marijuana and 842 vials of THC oil. K-9 officer Bruce helped discover the drugs.
Agents also arrested and charged Sovath Yern, 30, one of the owners of El Borracho, and Sovann Yern, 31, both of Massachusetts.
Investigators said all three are connected with a gang in California.
Lay was wanted in connection to a 2013 murder in California.
The three suspects were charged with:
- Trafficking marijuana by possession
- Trafficking marijuana by transport
- Possession with intent to sell/deliver marijuana
- Felony maintain a building for controlled substances
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Allowing violations of the controlled substance act to occur on the licensed premises
Both Sovath and Sovann Yern were given $50,000 secured bonds. Lay was given a $100,000 secured bond for the drug charges but was denied bond for the murder charges.
Lay will be extradited back to California.