BRUNSWICK COUNTY, N.C. (WECT) — A Bladen County commissioner was indicted on a charge of misdemeanor child abuse, according to court documents.
Ashley Smith Trivette, 32, of White Lake was indicted on the charge by a Brunswick County grand jury on Feb. 26 and served the indictment on March 2. According to court documents, the alleged offense occurred on Dec. 6, 2017.
No other details about the alleged offense have been released. Her next court date on the misdemeanor child abuse charge is April 10.
Trivette was previously arrested on Oct. 6, 2017, and charged with driving while impaired in Brunswick County. Trivette’s DWI charge is still pending in Brunswick County Superior Court.
Trivette was elected as the District 3 commissioner in Bladen County in 2016.
Copyright 2018 WECT. All rights reserved.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- NASH COUNTY PARENTS DIE WHILE DRIVING TO PICK UP INFANT SON, GRANDMOTHER SAYS
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: JET MAKES ROUGH LANDING AT RDU DURING HIGH WINDS
- GRAPHIC: VIDEO SHOWING DEADLY AMBUSH OF US SOLDIERS IN NIGER RAISES NEW QUESTIONS
- 9TH DEAD DOG FOUND IN RECENT WEEKS IN WILSON COUNTY
- DEPUTIES SEEK HELP FINDING MISSING NC TEEN GIRL