RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A North Carolina deputy was rear-ended on Interstate 40 Thursday night, according to Raleigh police.
The deputy was traveling east on I-40 near Wade Avenue when the collision occurred. The deputy was “transporting an individual,” police said.
No one was injured.
Police didn’t say exactly what county the deputy is from but believed it was either Davidson or Robeson counties.
The collision combined with construction caused a considerable traffic backup.
No further information was available.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 21-year-old killed, 5 others wounded in NC party shooting
- NC deputies search for pair wanted in murder, officials say
- ‘It went beautiful,’ Hundreds at Durham protest remain peaceful Saturday
- VIDEO: Looters hit store at Fayetteville’s Cross Creek Mall
- Looters strike downtown Raleigh CVS, later set fire outside
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now