RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A North Carolina deputy was rear-ended on Interstate 40 Thursday night, according to Raleigh police.
The deputy was traveling east on I-40 near Wade Avenue when the collision occurred. The deputy was “transporting an individual,” police said.
No one was injured.
Police didn’t say exactly what county the deputy is from but believed it was either Davidson or Robeson counties.
The collision combined with construction caused a considerable traffic backup.
No further information was available.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- I-440 reopens after earlier police investigation
- One dead after early morning shooting in Raleigh
- Last El Paso shooting victim laid to rest on Saturday
- As Durham homicides increase, residents rally against violence
- At least 45 vehicles involved in crash that closed I-40/I-85 in Orange County
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now