HIGH POINT, N.C. (WGHP) — A person is dead following a crash in High Point on Saturday, according to a High Point Police Department news release.
Around 4:18 a.m., a deadly traffic crash happened at the intersection of N.C. 68 and Regency Drive.
A preliminary investigation indicates a silver vehicle was going north on N.C. 68 at a high rate of speed and hit another vehicle making a left-hand turn on Regency Drive, police said.
After hitting the other vehicle, the silver vehicle ran off the right side of the road, hitting a culvert and a light pole.
The light pole landed on top of the vehicle as it came to a rest.
One person was pronounced deceased at the scene, and the other driver suffered minor injuries.
No names will be released until family members can be notified.
The investigation is ongoing.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- All Florida school districts must reopen campuses next month, Dept. of Education says
- Chicago man who fired gun into murder victim’s grave given 15-year sentence
- Beats by Dre announces Bubba Wallace endorsement deal: ‘Hate cannot win the day’
- Wilson 12-year-old’s car seat invention helps prevent babies from dying in hot cars
- Young girl among Chicago’s July Fourth weekend of 17 killed, 70 wounded