BELMONT, N.C. (AP/WNCN) – Bond has been set at $1 million for an assistant principal in North Carolina accused by authorities of having sex with a student earlier this year.
The 34-year-old Lisa Renee Rothwell was arrested Friday. Gaston County jail records show she faces six felony counts of sex offense with a student.
News outlets report Rothwell works at Stuart W. Cramer High School in Belmont. The school did not immediately comment on the charges.
The Gaston Gazette reports authorities in arrest warrants filed Friday accused Rothwell of having sexual intercourse and oral sex with a student six times between April and July.
It is unclear if the victim is still a student.
WBTV reported Rothwell was booked into the Gaston County Jail Friday around 9 p.m.
Jail records do not list an attorney for Rothwell. She is scheduled to appear in court Monday.
- Trump tweets ‘when the looting starts, the shooting starts’. Twitter adds ‘glorifying violence’ warning
- Teens in Florida county must take driving test remotely
- Minneapolis police station torched, other buildings burn amid George Floyd protest
- Hail the size of baseballs pummels Texas city
- Former TV weatherman sentenced to at least 4 years in child porn case
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now