RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — The North Carolina State Highway Patrol is once again in the running for the American Association of State Troopers’ “Best Looking Cruiser Contest” and they need your help to win.
The department’s 2019 entry features a Dodge Charger “Ghost Car” and one of their newest Bell Helicopters, according to a news release.
You can click here to visit the nationwide submissions — and hopefully, vote for the NCSHP. The contest began on Monday and will run through July 30 until 3 p.m.
The winner will be given the “Best Looking Cruiser Award” for the year and will be featured on the cover of AAST’s “America’s Best Looking Trooper Cruisers 2020 Wall Calendar,” the news release says.
Those calendars will be available for purchase here beginning Oct. 1. Net proceeds of the calendar sales will go to the AAST Foundation. The foundation provides educational scholarships to dependents of troopers who belong to the group.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Tennessee police: Dad beat young daughter because of dirty table
- Instagram says there’s “no truth” to new hoax post, so don’t share it
- Is Gov. Cooper on board with tax refund plan?
- Dog stolen from Texas family during road trip rescued by CBS reporter
- 26-year-old man dead after Rocky Mount shooting
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now