GREENVILLE, N.C. (WNCT) — WNCT is investigating a flier emailed to Vidant Health employees.
At least half a dozen people contacted the newsroom about it.
The flier is titled “16 bridge-building tips for white people.”
A viewer emailed the tips to the TV station. Vidant Health has about 12,000 employees.
The tips include telling white people not to “white-splain” — or try to explain racism to people of color.
Another tip advises against trying to explain away a person of color’s experience of oppression.
A spokesperson tells WNCT that the effort includes “voluntary virtual sessions” to foster honest dialogue and mindfulness.
The sessions are called “Let’s talk about it.”
It’s unclear when those sessions begin.
In the statement to workers, Vidant Health leadership shared “we remain committed to being brave…” and “Vidant’s pursuit of belonging and love will guide us from a place of fear to growth.”
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Woman who left man to die in California motel freed decades early over COVID concerns
- Red fox with Instagram account euthanized after woman ‘kidnaps’ it
- Some mystery seeds illegally sent from China identified
- As a new week begins, here’s why you don’t have that second stimulus check
- CBS 17 Job Alert – Wake Research and NC Disability Determination Services are hiring