ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Police in North Carolina have arrested a man who they say broke in to several churches and stole thousands of dollars’ worth of items from a breast cancer charity.
The Asheville Police Department says in a news release that 25-year-old Conner Lee Fewell was arrested on Sunday and charged with breaking into two churches, a dentist’s office and an aesthetic plastic surgery office. Police said he also is a person of interest in two other church break-ins.
The Asheville Citizen-Times reports Fewell stole cash and electronics from a nonprofit supporting women with breast cancer that was located inside one of the churches. The items were valued at $7,500.
Warrants say Fewell also broke into a plastic surgery office and stole $3,000 in cash and checks and a credit card.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Woman tells police she ‘has COVID-19,’ spits at officer to ‘infect him so he dies’
- PETA: 20 NC PetSmart stores caught violating state animal welfare regulations
- NC man arrested in Mass. for child sex assaults that occurred over 10-year span
- ‘I’m under here!’ Boy trapped under Jeep in his bedroom after drunk driver plows into home
- Patrons under plastic: Restaurants get creative in virus era
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now