ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Police in North Carolina have arrested a man who they say broke in to several churches and stole thousands of dollars’ worth of items from a breast cancer charity.
The Asheville Police Department says in a news release that 25-year-old Conner Lee Fewell was arrested on Sunday and charged with breaking into two churches, a dentist’s office and an aesthetic plastic surgery office. Police said he also is a person of interest in two other church break-ins.
The Asheville Citizen-Times reports Fewell stole cash and electronics from a nonprofit supporting women with breast cancer that was located inside one of the churches. The items were valued at $7,500.
Warrants say Fewell also broke into a plastic surgery office and stole $3,000 in cash and checks and a credit card.
- Senate set to take up voting rights bill as Republicans push back
- NC woman wants justice after dog killed by pit bulls
- Willis Observatory in NC is the only ‘official alien landing pad’ in the US
- NJ waitress abducted, assaulted after trying to stop dine-and-dashers, police say
- $50,000 reward offered after NC Duke Energy employee shot in the face, robbed