ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Police in North Carolina have arrested a man who they say broke in to several churches and stole thousands of dollars’ worth of items from a breast cancer charity.
The Asheville Police Department says in a news release that 25-year-old Conner Lee Fewell was arrested on Sunday and charged with breaking into two churches, a dentist’s office and an aesthetic plastic surgery office. Police said he also is a person of interest in two other church break-ins.
The Asheville Citizen-Times reports Fewell stole cash and electronics from a nonprofit supporting women with breast cancer that was located inside one of the churches. The items were valued at $7,500.
Warrants say Fewell also broke into a plastic surgery office and stole $3,000 in cash and checks and a credit card.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Inspectors checking ‘every nut, bolt, fastener or screw’ on NC State Fair rides
- 12 Democrats meet for first debate since impeachment inquiry
- Dutch family of 7 waiting for ‘the end of time’ discovered living in farmhouse basement
- Wake County reports most coyote sightings in North Carolina
- Fail foliage expected to peak for some North Carolina mountains this weekend
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now