ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Police in North Carolina have arrested a man who they say broke in to several churches and stole thousands of dollars’ worth of items from a breast cancer charity.
The Asheville Police Department says in a news release that 25-year-old Conner Lee Fewell was arrested on Sunday and charged with breaking into two churches, a dentist’s office and an aesthetic plastic surgery office. Police said he also is a person of interest in two other church break-ins.
The Asheville Citizen-Times reports Fewell stole cash and electronics from a nonprofit supporting women with breast cancer that was located inside one of the churches. The items were valued at $7,500.
Warrants say Fewell also broke into a plastic surgery office and stole $3,000 in cash and checks and a credit card.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Woman shot at Thanksgiving family gathering in Raleigh; fines possible for COVID-19 violations, police say
- Family of woman hit by car after deadly shooting in Durham says he’s always worried for their safety
- Justin Timberlake donates new wheelchair accessible van for Tennessee teen
- Second stimulus check: President-elect Biden’s thoughts on $1,200 payments
- Child dead, 3 injured after house fire in South Carolina