BRUNSWICK COUNTY, N.C. (WECT) – An Oak Island man is facing an attempted murder charge after he allegedly set a home on fire while a woman was inside.
Edward Chamberlain, 30, was arrested by the Brunswick County Sheriff’s Office Sunday and charged with first-degree arson and first-degree attempted murder.
According to an arrest warrant, Chamberlain is accused of setting a home on fire Sunday on Jake Drive in Bolivia. A woman was inside the residence at the time.
Online records state that he’s being held under a $1.5 million bond and is scheduled to appear in court Tuesday.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Suspect in NC I-95 road rage shooting that killed mother of 6 appears before judge
- Elementary school principal accused of sexually abusing at least 9 students
- Ex-officer who killed Daunte Wright released from jail after posting bond
- Chauvin trial: Defense expert blames George Floyd’s death on heart rhythm problem
- House panel votes to advance bill on slavery reparations
Copyright 2019 WECT. All rights reserved.