BRUNSWICK COUNTY, N.C. (WECT) – An Oak Island man is facing an attempted murder charge after he allegedly set a home on fire while a woman was inside.
Edward Chamberlain, 30, was arrested by the Brunswick County Sheriff’s Office Sunday and charged with first-degree arson and first-degree attempted murder.
According to an arrest warrant, Chamberlain is accused of setting a home on fire Sunday on Jake Drive in Bolivia. A woman was inside the residence at the time.
Online records state that he’s being held under a $1.5 million bond and is scheduled to appear in court Tuesday.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC prison to serve as vaccine hub for inmates; officials working on vaccination plan
- Pawleys Island grandmother seeks justice after man’s murder
- Downtown Raleigh businesses brace for possible protests after pandemic and summer protests
- Sampson County church to host concert as NC continues to grapple with COVID-19 pandemic
- DC police seek man suspected of crushing officer in doorway
Copyright 2019 WECT. All rights reserved.