GWINNETT COUNTY, Ga. (WBTV) – Georgia law enforcement officials arrested three Charlotte men who are accused of trafficking 70 pounds of marijuana, valued at more than $200,000.
The three men were arrested in Gwinnett County, Georgia.
These arrests are part of an ongoing investigation into subjects trafficking marijuana via the Interstate 85 corridor from Metro Atlanta north to neighboring states.
The three were arrested following a traffic stop by near the Hamilton Mill Road Exit on I-85 northbound Tuesday afternoon.
Agents arrested 34-year-old Phetprasong Souriyo, 28-year-old Brandy Souriyo, and 30-year-old Somphone Thongkhamdy of Charlotte. The three are charged with trafficking marijuana.
Agents seized approximately 70 pounds of marijuana with an estimated street value of more than $200,000.
The investigation continues.
The latest stories on CBS17.com:
- 2019 Starry Night Walk at Dorothea Dix will raise money to cure childhood brain tumors
- Panthers QB Newton to miss 2nd straight game
- Monday marks first official day of Fall!
- Wake Forest police ask for help identifying 2 connected to grocery store larcenies
- Soldier from Fayetteville dies in SC during training
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now
Copyright 2019 WBTV. All rights reserved.