FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – A total of 650 North Carolina Army National Guard soldiers will take place in a mobilization ceremony Friday as they prepare to deploy to the Middle East.
The members of the 1-252nd Armor Regiment are part of the 30th Armored Brigade Combat Team which consists of 4,200 National Guard Soldiers.
That Combat Team is made up of soldiers from North Carolina, South Carolina, Ohio, and West Virginia.
The deployment is in support of “Operation Spartan Shield.”
“The 30th’s mission will be to sustain theater readiness to conduct unified land operations and to support partner nations in making the region safer,” the National Guard said.
The ceremony will be held at 9 a.m. at the Crown Complex in Fayetteville.
CBS 17 will live stream the event.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC couple wins $1 million in lottery while celebrating wedding anniversary
- Raleigh man nabbed, another on the run after armed robbery, deputies say
- Urban Land Institute reviews DoSo district of Raleigh for possible updates
- Suspects swallow drugs as Edgecombe County deputies serve arrest warrants, sheriff’s office says
- VIDEO: Virginia woman captures snake slithering on doorbell camera