CRAVEN CO., N.C. (WAVY) — After winning a $50,000 lottery prize days before her wedding, a woman is celebrating her second win on her one-year anniversary.
According to a press release from the North Carolina Education Lottery, Genia Harrell and her husband won their first prize in October 2018.
Just over a year later, Genia won $5,000 more. She received an official winner notification email from the lottery.
“I had to read it about four time before it set in. At first I thought it was just telling me that I had a chance to win, but when I realized it said I won again, I couldn’t believe it.”GENIA HARRELL | LOTTERY WINNER
Harrell told officials with N.C. Education Lottery that she used some of the money from her first prize to pay for their honeymoon.
This time, officials say that she is going to use the money to make Christmas something they’ll both remember.
- Local social justice groups aiming to have voting rights restored for convicted felons
- Cumberland County mom says teacher made son with autism stand alone outside
- Former Johnston Co. Superintendent seeking large pension payout
- Chlorine spill closes Durham intersection
- Death of Orange County man found in yard result of gun battle, sheriff says
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now