KINSTON, N.C. (WNCT) — A man has been arrested after deputies said a parent caught him committing a sexual offense against a child.
On Saturday, the Lenoir County Sheriff’s Office responded to a residence in Grifton upon receiving an emergency call regarding a suspect committing sex offenses against a minor.
Deputies said they determined that a suspect was at the house and was caught in the act with an 11-year-old minor by a parent.
The suspect fled the scene before law enforcement could arrive, according to deputies.
Detectives secured warrants for the suspect who was identified as Mauro Martínez Hernández, 33, of Grifton and charged him with one count of indecent liberties with a minor.
Hernández was arrested in Pitt County and confined under a $100,000 bond.
- 1 person shot at intersection west of downtown Durham, police say
- Family remembers NC construction worker killed by SUV at work site
- Major fire at Lake Luzerne home belonging to Rachael Ray
- 8 inmates test positive for COVID-19 at Durham County jail
- NC coworkers decide to split ‘ridiculous’ $4 million lottery win
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now