THOMASVILLE, N.C. (WGHP) — One North Carolina parent had a terrifyingly close call during a crash Friday morning.
Thomasville police shared photos of the car crash near Winston Street.
“No injuries but extremely lucky!” police said in the Twitter post.
The parent driving had just dropped off their child at school when they crashed into a utility pole and the pole ended up smashing through one of the backseat windows.
Police closed Salem Street from Winston Street to Lodge Drive.
According to Duke Energy, more than 200 people were without power in the area.
- At least 1 pulled from surf at NC coast amid rip current risk
- PHOTOS: Man walking dog along beach finds house washed away in OBX
- Tennessee police chief’s tweet condemning police brutality goes viral
- Durham County moves to next phase of reopening
- Texas mom left 3-month-old twins alone with two other children to get her hair done, authorities say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now