THOMASVILLE, N.C. (WGHP) — One North Carolina parent had a terrifyingly close call during a crash Friday morning.
Thomasville police shared photos of the car crash near Winston Street.
“No injuries but extremely lucky!” police said in the Twitter post.
The parent driving had just dropped off their child at school when they crashed into a utility pole and the pole ended up smashing through one of the backseat windows.
Police closed Salem Street from Winston Street to Lodge Drive.
According to Duke Energy, more than 200 people were without power in the area.
- Man injured in shooting near downtown Raleigh
- Pedestrian hit on I-40 causes westbound lanes to close near US-70
- Durham family, police ask for help locating missing woman
- No. 2 Duke rolls past Central Arkansas 105-54 for 3-0 start
- Deputies: Florida man dead after running from deputies, getting naked, crashing cop car
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now