BELMONT, N.C. (WBTV) – An associate pastor at a church in Belmont has been charged with multiple counts of crimes involving a minor.
Nicholas Adam Martin, 24, has been charged with four counts of indecent liberties with a minor, four counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor and one count of felonious indecent exposure to a minor. The crimes involved a 14-year-old victim according to the Gaston County Police Department.
Martin was serving as an associate pastor at North Belmont Church of God when the crimes reportedly occurred.
Police arrested Martin on Sunday morning and he is being held under a $1 million bond at the Gaston County jail.
Copyright 2019 WBTV. All rights reserved.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Fire at NC coast destroys beach house, 2 treated for heat-related illness
- 18 injured in fire aboard USS Bonhomme Richard at Naval Base San Diego
- Man dies while swimming at Outer Banks amid large rip current
- 3 dead in NC crash that splits car into 2 pieces, triggers fire
- 1,908 new COVID-19 cases reported in NC Sunday
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now