BELMONT, N.C. (WBTV) – An associate pastor at a church in Belmont has been charged with multiple counts of crimes involving a minor.
Nicholas Adam Martin, 24, has been charged with four counts of indecent liberties with a minor, four counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor and one count of felonious indecent exposure to a minor. The crimes involved a 14-year-old victim according to the Gaston County Police Department.
Martin was serving as an associate pastor at North Belmont Church of God when the crimes reportedly occurred.
Police arrested Martin on Sunday morning and he is being held under a $1 million bond at the Gaston County jail.
Copyright 2019 WBTV. All rights reserved.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Durham police investigating attempted ATM theft at Bank of America; suspects on the run
- Looking for love? Skip this popular type of Halloween costume
- About 8,000 Wake County students gradually returning to classrooms starting Monday
- Despite aide’s COVID-19 diagnosis, Pence campaigns for Trump in Kinston
- Bikers gather to honor memory of Florida officer killed in line of duty in 2005
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now