LUMBERTON, N.C. (WBTW) – Deputies with the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office have arrested a registered sex offender after they say he attended the county fair.
According to the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office, Bryan A. Edwards of Fairmont was arrested after he attended the Robeson County Fair which is a violation of N.C. sex offender laws. Edwards has been registered as a sex offender since 2008.
According to the N.C. sex offender registry Edwards has no prior violations of N.C. sex offender laws.
Edwards was arrested on Monday and taken to the Robeson County Detention Center and placed under a $1,000 bond.
- New York City EMT suffers stroke driving ambulance, then colleague who came to help has aneurysm
- Samuel Adams Halloween beer now illegal in 15 states
- 13-year-old reported missing in Cumberland County
- Police: Kentucky man beat sister with pan, killed dad with crossbow
- WATCH: Lady Gaga falls off stage after fan tries to pick her up
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now