WOODLEAF, N.C. (AP/WNCN) – Deputies in a North Carolina county say they need more information about a weekend exchange of gunfire that they believe left one man dead and likely two others wounded.
Media outlets report Rowan County Sheriff’s Office deputies going to Woodleaf found 35-year-old Robin Otto Worth Jr. of Salisbury dead from a gunshot wound about 4 a.m. Saturday.
WBTV reported the initial call said a body was found in a yard off Foster Road in Woodleaf.
The sheriff’s office also believes two men with gunshot wounds who went to a Statesville emergency room several hours before are connected to the Woodleaf violence.
The sheriff’s office says those men were uncooperative with hospital staff.
- Fishermen catch 220 pounds of tuna, donate it to health care workers
- NCGA to discuss bills that would allow teens to get driver’s licenses without taking a road test
- Man arrested, charged in connection with murder of teen girl at Raleigh apartment complex
- UNCW announces revised schedule for the fall semester
- NC sheriff fires employee over ‘inappropriate’ social media post about George Floyd protests
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now