RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A dinner to honor Purple Heart recipients, Gold Star mothers, and their families is taking place on Aug. 17.
The event takes place on Aug. 17 at the McKimmon Center on the campus at North Carolina State University.
Tickets are $25, but Purple Heart recipients and Gold Star families eat for free.
The dinner is sponsored by Walmart.
To learn more about the event, watched the video above.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Apex dad finds 3 teens passed out in running car – his message after the discovery
- Fatal accident shuts down parts of US Highway 401
- Grandmother of NY 3-year-old found on porch worries parents are dead after burned car discovered
- Discount N.C. State Fair tickets for sale at Food Lion
- KFC testing doughnut and fried chicken sandwich
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now