RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A dinner to honor Purple Heart recipients, Gold Star mothers, and their families is taking place on Aug. 17.
The event takes place on Aug. 17 at the McKimmon Center on the campus at North Carolina State University.
Tickets are $25, but Purple Heart recipients and Gold Star families eat for free.
The dinner is sponsored by Walmart.
To learn more about the event, watched the video above.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Getting Answers: Can your employer make you get the COVID-19 vaccine?
- NC’s emergency management director talks one year of COVID-19
- Getting Answers: COVID-19 in NC one year later
- Lorentz’s 1st NHL goal is difference as ‘Canes end road trip with win over Predators
- Triangle-area health department officials react to move to vaccinate rest of frontline workers