RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A dinner to honor Purple Heart recipients, Gold Star mothers, and their families is taking place on Aug. 17.
The event takes place on Aug. 17 at the McKimmon Center on the campus at North Carolina State University.
Tickets are $25, but Purple Heart recipients and Gold Star families eat for free.
The dinner is sponsored by Walmart.
To learn more about the event, watched the video above.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Va. teen accused of killing mother, brother arrested at Durham Target
- All lanes of northbound NC540 reopened following crash
- Cause of fire at Durham auto repair shop under investigation
- Raleigh Police arrest and charge 18-year-old in murder of 17-year-old
- Horne’s career night carries Virginia Tech past Pittsburgh 67-57
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now