RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services reported 1,341 new COVID-19 cases in the state on Sunday.
The number of positive cases Sunday is down 389 from Saturday and is the fewest number of new cases reported in two weeks.
The new total of positive cases reported across the state now stands at 125,219.
The number of deaths in North Carolina increased by 5 on Sunday, 35 fewer than were reported on Saturday. The number of deaths went from 1,924 reported on Friday to 1,964 reported Saturday and currently 1,969, according to DHHS numbers.
Hospitalizations are up slightly by nine from Saturday. Currently, 1,142 people are hospitalized.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Pair nabbed with 6.5 kilos of cocaine in arrest along I-95 in Nash County, deputies say
- Trump says he’s extending offshore drilling ban off North Carolina coast
- NC agencies work with FBI to arrest trio on firearms, drug-related charges
- Patterson steps up, leads No. 20 Hokies past NC State 45-24
- Thousands march in Washington to pray and show support for Trump