HIGH POINT, N.C. (WNCN) — An 18-month-old boy who went missing when the vehicle he was inside of was stolen from a parking lot in High Point has been located, according to High Point police.
An Amber Alert was issued around 1 a.m. for Legend Masir Goodwine.
He was inside a gold Acura TL sedan when it was taken from a parking lot at 1100 South Main St. in High Point around 11 p.m., authorities said.
Goodwine and the vehicle were located in Davidson County, according to police. High Point police are enroute to their location.
Goodwine is safe and in law enforcement custody, police said.
The suspect has not been named at this time, but police have released surveillance photos of him. He is described as a white male in his 20s or 30s who is approximately 6 feet tall and weighs 165 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing a gray and white hat, light blue short sleeve shirt, blue jeans and dark-colored shoes.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Label: Rapper Pop Smoke slain in Hollywood Hills home invasion
- ‘Unconditional love’: Wounded Ft. Bragg veteran spends free time bonding with animals who need a home
- Raleigh residents anxious to rid rumbling, noise from preventive wastewater project blasting
- Violinist plays her instrument as surgeons remove brain tumor
- USDA finalizes new food stamp work requirements
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now