COLUMBUS COUNTY, N.C. (WECT) – A Cerro Gordo woman is facing two dozen charges after officials say she stole the identities of two juveniles.
According to Michele Tatum with the Columbus County Sheriff’s Office, a person reported to law enforcement on June 20 that the identities of the two juveniles had been used to fraudulently obtain credit cards.
Tatum said a detective was assigned to investigate the case and probable cause was found to charge Bristol King with 12 counts of unlawfully obtaining a credit card and 12 counts of identity theft.
According to Tatum, King allegedly opened fraudulent credit cards with the following companies:
She was booked under a $120,000 secured bond.
Copyright 2019 WECT. All rights reserved.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- INCREDIBLE VIDEO: Trooper pulls man from crashed car just seconds before train hits
- NC mom says assistant principal preyed on her son for sex
- Lingerie store that doubled as secret strip club is closed down
- Deputies ask man to quit calling about his stolen marijuana
- Jay Bilas, NC congressman weigh in on NCAA’s ‘Fair Pay to Play’ issue
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now