DARE COUNTY, N.C. (WAVY) — The Dare County Sheriff’s Office arrested a 39-year-old woman in connection with an investigation into a traffic stop five days earlier.
Sheriff’s office officials say Shawna Nicole Crain, of Kill Devil Hills, was arrested Wednesday and charged with aiding and abetting possession with the intent to sell or deliver methamphetamine, as well as possession of cocaine.
Her arrest was part of a follow up investigation into the Jan. 10 arrest of Lance Montague Jr.
Montague was arrested after a traffic stop in Kill Devils Hills.
The traffic stop came after the county drug task force received information about people selling narcotics out of area motels.
Crain was released on $6,000 secured bonds.
Montague is being held on a $75,000 secured bond.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Are dining tents a safe way to eat out during the pandemic?
- Student in custody after shooting, injuring 12-year-old at NC middle school
- Biden to formally introduce national security team as official transition begins
- Publix failed to protect employee who died of COVID-19, lawsuit alleges
- National Thanksgiving Turkey pardoning to take place at White House