CAROLINA BEACH, N.C. (WNCN) — A group of wounded veterans and their families were taught how to surf during an event at Carolina Beach.
According to the Wounded Warrior Project — who sponsored the event — surfing is one of many activities that give warriors and veteran families a chance to bond and reconnect with other service members while creating new support structures.
The nonprofit aims to help veterans learn about other free programs and services they offer.
Take a look at how it all went down:
- Experts review proposed soccer stadium project for southeast Raleigh
- 3 years after Hurricane Matthew, Fayetteville neighborhood’s entrance finally fixed
- NC teen, store clerk charged after 2 injured in DWI crash, officials say
- Doctors find brown recluse spider in woman’s ear
- Friends, supporters to celebrate NC man freed after being wrongfully convicted
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now