CAROLINA BEACH, N.C. (WNCN) — A group of wounded veterans and their families were taught how to surf during an event at Carolina Beach.
According to the Wounded Warrior Project — who sponsored the event — surfing is one of many activities that give warriors and veteran families a chance to bond and reconnect with other service members while creating new support structures.
The nonprofit aims to help veterans learn about other free programs and services they offer.
Take a look at how it all went down:
- NC parent ‘extremely lucky’ after pole skewers car – minutes after school drop-off
- Jane Fonda arrested again in climate change protest
- 2-year-old with cerebral palsy has clever Halloween costume that celebrates his disability
- Woman found guilty after fatally striking 3 siblings at school bus stop
- Mahomes injury could open doors for Kaepernick with Chiefs
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now