CAROLINA BEACH, N.C. (WNCN) — A group of wounded veterans and their families were taught how to surf during an event at Carolina Beach.
According to the Wounded Warrior Project — who sponsored the event — surfing is one of many activities that give warriors and veteran families a chance to bond and reconnect with other service members while creating new support structures.
The nonprofit aims to help veterans learn about other free programs and services they offer.
Take a look at how it all went down:
- Sen. Bernie Sanders heads back to NC ahead of Super Tuesday
- Gibbs scores with 0.1 seconds left, Irish beat BC 62-61
- Hughes scores 25, Syracuse blows out Pittsburgh 72-49
- Clark’s 3-pointer lifts Virginia past Virginia Tech, 56-53
- House passes bill to make lynching a federal crime, 65 years after death of Emmett Till
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now