RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services has updated the number of COVID-19 cases in the state for Saturday.
The number of cases increased by 586 from Friday to Saturday, bringing the total number of cases to 11,509 across 98 counties.
The state is now reporting 420 COVID-19 related deaths, 21 more than reported on Friday.
The number of people currently hospitalized is down to 502, 45 fewer than Friday.
The total number of cases across the U.S. is 1,062,446 with a total of 62,406 deaths.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Domestic violence suspect stabbed California K-9 before officers fatally shot him, police say
- Convicted sex offenders caught smuggling migrants in California
- Kansas man learns his license plate has a twin when another driver’s bills arrive
- Durham police responding to shots fired find man dead in car
- ‘I’m in heaven’: Beer becomes available, creating frenzy in Tijuana