LAS CRUCES, N.M. (KRQE) – A New Mexico man is facing animal cruelty charges after his cat tested positive for meth.
Las Cruces police arrested 39-year-old Aaron Spaulding after they say he beat up his girlfriend and held her against her will.
During that investigation, police discovered Spaulding was possibly neglecting his dog, and abusing the cat by squeezing it until it cried out and force-feeding it drugs.
The cat’s blood was tested and came back positive for meth. The cat was treated by a vet and was adopted by another family.
- More Americans went to the library than the movies in 2019
- NC teacher, church youth leader charged with indecent liberties with a child
- Raleigh man sentenced after pretending to be teenage girl online to collect child porn
- Old Bay releasing limited edition hot sauce
- Google searches for ‘corona beer virus’ and ‘beer virus’ jump amid coronavirus outbreak
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now