LAS CRUCES, N.M. (KRQE) – A New Mexico man is facing animal cruelty charges after his cat tested positive for meth.
Las Cruces police arrested 39-year-old Aaron Spaulding after they say he beat up his girlfriend and held her against her will.
During that investigation, police discovered Spaulding was possibly neglecting his dog, and abusing the cat by squeezing it until it cried out and force-feeding it drugs.
The cat’s blood was tested and came back positive for meth. The cat was treated by a vet and was adopted by another family.
- NC teen, store clerk charged after 2 injured in DWI crash, officials say
- Doctors find brown recluse spider in woman’s ear
- Friends, supporters to celebrate NC man freed after being wrongfully convicted
- ALERT: Thunderstorm Watch issued ahead of Friday severe storms
- NC couple wins $1 million in lottery while celebrating wedding anniversary
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now