NEW WINDSOR, N.Y. (AP) — A man who was still working as a barber when he was 108 years old has died in New York.
Brooks Funeral Home says Anthony Mancinelli died Thursday.
The Italian immigrant worked as a barber from age 12 until this past July in and around Newburgh, 50 miles (80 kilometers) north of New York City.
Guinness World Records credited him with being the oldest working barber.
He opened Anthony’s Barbershop of Newburgh in 1930 and owned it for 40 years. He later worked at other shops.
An obituary published by the funeral home says he outlived his wife of 69 years, seven siblings and one of his two sons.
- NC driver puts car in wrong gear, hitting 7 people, police say
- Fire at NC coast destroys beach house, 2 treated for heat-related illness
- 18 injured in fire aboard USS Bonhomme Richard at Naval Base San Diego
- Man dies while swimming at Outer Banks amid large rip current
- 3 dead in NC crash that splits car into 2 pieces, triggers fire
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now